Monday, April 28, 2008

New Favorite Spot

So I love downtown. The architecture, the colors and the different textures along the canal. However 2 weekends ago a friend and I went to the IMA, Indianapolis Arts Museum, off of Michigan and 38th street and I am in love. First off I knew of the Love Sculpture and the Numbers in the Lawn but I had no idea there was this big beautiful Lilly home on the grounds or that fact that it was FREE! I have lived here for 5 years and had no clue. Nor did I know the actual musuem is FREE. You pay to see the newest exhibits but 90% of the building is all FREE. Yes we all know how much I love FREE. The only thing I didn't love is how in an adult Museum you can't touch anything. Drove me crazy to not be able to touch it all. Must be why I love the Children's Museum and must be why it isn't free! :) The grounds are just as beautiful as the buildings and the exhibits within. There were so many beautiful spots for engagement pictures I was in heaven. I can't wait for my family's next trip up.

No comments: