Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Bummer


I was completely stocked when I received my new MAC Book Pro yesterday.  I figured if the computer says it, it must be.  It was christmas as I realized the Fed-ex truck following me into the cul-de-sac was stopping at my house!  However now I am very frustrated at the moment.  I feel like I am back in 2nd grade and need a computers for dummies book.  I have no idea what I am doing.  The shortcuts are all different and going to school for 4 years to learn computer graphics I live by shortcuts.   No Cntl C, No Cntl V, nothing!!  The "trackpad" is possessed.  There is no right clicking involved, I don't know that there is a right button.  One doesn't really realize how many times they use the right button until there is no right button!   And honestly it took me 20 minutes to find internet explorer.  My roommate had to point that out for me or I still would have been lost today.  It's Safari for those who don't know.  Even typing is different - there is no delete - well there is a delete button but it is actually the backspace button.  I can not even try to describe the differences.  Everyone keeps telling me I will love it but I hope that love comes sooner rather than later!  I'll keep you posted.  AND Purdue is out of Photoshop for MAC - ARGH!!  so frustrating!  Hope everyone else is having a good day.  It will be a fairly quiet week on here as I move all my files from the other computer.  However I have 2 shoots this weekend I will be posting next week.  

No comments: